Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Need step by step how to restore a ms906...
Need step by step how to restore a ms906tb with a back up memory card

1114 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2020-07-08 12:23:29

•   Level 2   
    (13) points
    atomico22
    2019-06-21 09:33:45
     Is safe to restore an used ms906tb with original back up?
    I got the scanner used off eBay and It only reads engine code and program keys on my 06 Honda Element 
    My old ds708 has more functions than ms906tb on my car
    Thank you and I appreciate all comments 

•   Level 1   
    (6) points

2020-07-07 20:54:34 (Reply to:atomico22)

MJCBMAQSSJ7kLR

•   Level 1   
    (6) points

2020-07-07 20:55:43 (Reply to:)

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-07-08 12:23:29 (Reply to:atomico22)

Don't do a Factory Reset if it is out of it's update period unless you plan to buy an update or you are a real knowledgeable software guru and know what needs to be rearranged or renamed.  A software back up won't work once out of update if you do a factory reset  otherwise you would be able to find you tube videos titled how to  restore your backup software  on a MaxiSys out of update period.   Access to Diagnostic software will "NOT" be allowed again until  after you renew update subscription.

Be careful,don't do a Factory Reset , I'm not sure if you can Cherry pick repair a certain car make from your back up software and replace the certain car make's software out of update period and be able to access to it again unless you are a knowledgeable software guru. Autel shows how to make a backup of the Scan folder but shows absolutely NADA on how to restore software on a MaxiSys from a backup out of update period.
      IMO ,if my unit seems glitch y or slower than when new , if I can get by with deleting all the past customer history, I still have at least 4 - 6 weeks before my update and warranty period runs out, a fully charged battery. Maybe wish To clear the past clutter, enhance speed and long term stability Think I might be tempted  to do a Factory Reset, and download everything fresh again. Think I'll Research and  first compile a list of  the car makes with the largest files along with their known affiliated car makes Like BMW, Mini, Rolls Royce and download and install those makes first. Then go to the next biggest file  manufacturer and all it Affiliated car makes. (However large file makes I don't see here in the USA I might hold off downloading till the end.   
  Total1 Pages